Overall health benefits of Zinc
Zinc is an essential mineral and present in the diet as a trace element. Chemically, zinc is an inorganic substance with a symbol of ‘Zn’. Enzymes also contain zinc and play an important role in protein synthesis and cell division. Zinc is also present in human blood and in the urine. Deficiency of zinc leads to several health problems including anemia, growth retardation, geophagia, hypogonadism and delayed wound healing.
How does zinc supplement help to solve infertility?
Zinc acts as an aphrodisiac and can provide enhancement of libido. Zinc also has testosterone boosting property, especially in the case of zinc deficiency. Zinc is an essential element for the proper functioning of the immune system, endocrine system, an enzyme. It also inhibits estrogen cycle and acts as an aromatase inhibitor. In addition, zinc supplementation can repair intestinal mucosa.
- Zinc is an aphrodisiac and consumption of zinc supplement can enhance libido
- Zinc boosts testosterone level and improves physical stamina, performance and delaying ejaculation and also improves sperm quality.
- Zinc inhibits aromatase and reduces estrogen levels and effective to control sexual dysfunction.
- Antioxidant effect of zinc can provide optimal health along with solving the prostate related problem.
- Zinc can increase BDNF and improve mood and reduce depression.
- Zinc is an important micronutrient which is essential for survival. Supplementation of zinc is essential for those who perform a strenuous physical activity because it gets excreted out through sweating.
- Zinc has the antioxidant property that can strengthen body immune functioning, which prevents frequent illness and support optimal health.
- Zinc plays an important role in the lumen and seminiferous tubules and also take part in different stages of spermatogenesis. Zinc maintains the balance between testosterone and prolactin hormone level in serum. Deficiency of Zinc leads to disruption of the testicles, impairment of the spermatogenesis which further causes poor semen parameters. However, increasing the dose of zinc is not very beneficial as excessive zinc intake provides a negative effect on sperm quality by reducing its motility and count.
- Preclinical study data show that zinc supplementation increases serum testosterone level and that improves sexual ability by rising penile thrusting and delaying ejaculatory latency. This result indicates that zinc supplementation can be therapeutically used for sexual dysfunction.
- Another clinical study report shows that zinc supplementation can improve sexual dysfunction in patients with chronic renal failure and undergo hemodialysis by enhancing serum testosterone and luteinizing hormone level.
- From the clinical trial report, it has been estimated that marginally zinc-deficient normal elderly men can have an increased level of serum testosterone from 8.3 +/- 6.3 to 16.0 +/- 4.4 nmol/L (p = 0.02) by zinc supplementation within six months time period. This trial report concludes that zinc may play a significant role in shifting of serum testosterone levels in normal men.
- Zinc also has repairability of intestinal mucosa and thus it also improves immune responses in the gut wall. It has also been tested that zinc supplementation can treat male infertility by plasma testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and sperm count.
- IGF is a growth factor that is important for proper development of the body, as it synergizes the effect of growth hormone activity. It has been observed that with increasing age, the deficiency of IGF can cause improper utilization of protein and resultant of that cause weakness and fatigue. Zinc supplementation supports serum IGF-I restoration, improve protein absorption and reduce age-related weakness and fatigue symptoms.
- Physical activities enhance the free radicals formation and accumulation of free radicals in the physiological compartments enhance the risk of illness. Zinc acts as a free radicals scavenger due to its antioxidant property and reduce the load of the free radicals and boost immunity for optimal health and improves performance. Antioxidant effect of zinc can be effective to solve prostate related problems.
- Obesity and associated depression due to the lowering of serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) may be a cause of low libido. A zinc supplement can improve mood in obese individuals and that may also improve libido.
The Science behind the mechanism
The sexual cycle of males is associated with pre-sexual performances, copulation and ultimate ejaculation. A sufficient dose of zinc can improve these parameters and provide prolong sexual cycle. A measured dose of zinc can able to provide an extension of ejaculatory latency without troubling sex vigor, sex-arousal ability, penile erection, and motivation. It has been observed that increased testosterone level can assist in the expansion of Corpus cavemosum. This is followed by elongation of the penis and its outward protrusion.
What can you get by consuming Zinc Supplement?
Higher testosterone level can assist to provide thicker, harder and longer erection. Enhanced libido can cause an enhanced sensation.
Improve physical stamina
Improved physical stamina can provide endurance to continue for multiple rounds performance.
Anti-depressant effect of zinc can improve mood to start and continue sexual activities.
Strengthening the immunity system and BDNF enhancement can give both, physical and mental well-being
Read Also: Food Habits and Fertility
Ravi sharma is a self-motivated, successful entrepreneur and has a solid experience in the fertility segment. and he is the director at ARTbaby Global (ARThealthcare). He is a pharmacy graduate with post-graduation in business administration and has 14 years of rich experience in the field of infertility segment. He loves to write about IVF, Surrogacy and other ART (assisted reproductive technology) news, issues, and updates. He is a Pharmacy graduate (B. Pharm) and M.B.A (marketing).
His most recent success includes the successful launch of the medical tourism company, ARTbaby, which offers treatment options for infertility, egg donation and surrogacy. He likes spending time with his family and writing about various aspects of IVF surrogacy and donating eggs.