Overall health benefits of Zinc
Zinc is an essential mineral and is present in the diet as a trace element.
Chemically, zinc is an inorganic substance with a symbol of ‘Zn’.
Enzymes also contain zinc and play an important role in protein synthesis and cell division.
Zinc is also present in human blood and in the urine.
Deficiency of zinc leads to several health problems including anemia, growth retardation, geophagia, hypogonadism, and delayed wound healing.
How does zinc supplement help to solve infertility?
Zinc acts as an aphrodisiac and can provide enhancement of libido.
Zinc also has testosterone-boosting properties, especially in the case of zinc deficiency.
Zinc is an essential element for the proper functioning of the immune system, endocrine system, and enzymes.
It also inhibits the estrogen cycle and acts as an aromatase inhibitor.
In addition, zinc supplementation can repair intestinal mucosa.
- Zinc is an aphrodisiac and consumption of zinc supplements can enhance libido
- Zinc boosts testosterone levels and improves physical stamina, performance and delaying ejaculation, and also improves sperm quality.
- Zinc inhibits aromatase and reduces estrogen levels and is effective to control sexual dysfunction.
- The antioxidant effect of zinc can provide optimal health along with solving prostate-related problems.
- Zinc can increase BDNF and improve mood and reduce depression.
- Zinc is an important micronutrient that is essential for survival.
- Supplementation of zinc is essential for those who perform strenuous physical activity because it gets excreted out through sweating.
- Zinc has antioxidant property that can strengthen the body’s immune functioning, which prevents frequent illness and support optimal health.
- Zinc plays an important role in the lumen and seminiferous tubules and also takes part in different stages of spermatogenesis.
- Zinc maintains the balance between testosterone and prolactin hormone levels in serum. A deficiency of Zinc leads to disruption of the testicles and impairment of the spermatogenesis which further causes poor semen parameters.
- However, increasing the dose of zinc is not very beneficial as excessive zinc intake provides a negative effect on sperm quality by reducing its motility and count.
- Preclinical study data show that zinc supplementation increases serum testosterone levels and that improves sexual ability by rising penile thrusting and delaying ejaculatory latency.
- This result indicates that zinc supplementation can be therapeutically used for sexual dysfunction.
- Another clinical study report shows that zinc supplementation can improve sexual dysfunction in patients with chronic renal failure and who undergo hemodialysis by enhancing serum testosterone and luteinizing hormone levels.
- From the clinical trial report, it has been estimated that marginally zinc-deficient normal elderly men can have an increased level of serum testosterone from 8.3 +/- 6.3 to 16.0 +/- 4.4 nmol/L (p = 0.02) by zinc supplementation within six months time period.
- This trial report concludes that zinc may play a significant role in shifting of serum testosterone levels in normal men.
- Zinc also has repairability of intestinal mucosa and thus it also improves immune responses in the gut wall.
- It has also been tested that zinc supplementation can treat male infertility by plasma testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and sperm count.
- IGF is a growth factor that is important for the proper development of the body, as it synergizes the effect of growth hormone activity.
- It has been observed that with increasing age, the deficiency of IGF can cause improper utilization of protein and result of that to cause weakness and fatigue.
- Zinc supplementation supports serum IGF-I restoration, improves protein absorption, and reduces age-related weakness and fatigue symptoms.
- Physical activities enhance the free radicals formation and the accumulation of free radicals in the physiological compartments enhances the risk of illness.
- Zinc acts as a free radicals scavenger due to its antioxidant property and reduces the load of free radicals and boosts immunity for optimal health and improves performance.
- The antioxidant effect of zinc can be effective to solve prostate-related problems.
- Obesity and associated depression due to the lowering of serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) may be a cause of low libido.
- A zinc supplement can improve mood in obese individuals and that may also improve libido.
The Science behind the mechanism
The sexual cycle of males is associated with pre-sexual performances, copulation, and ultimate ejaculation.
A sufficient dose of zinc can improve these parameters and provide a prolonged sexual cycle.
A measured dose of zinc can able to provide an extension of ejaculatory latency without troubling sex vigor, sex-arousal ability, penile erection, and motivation.
It has been observed that increased testosterone levels can assist in the expansion of the Corpus cavemosum.
This is followed by the elongation of the penis and its outward protrusion.
What can you get by consuming Zinc supplements?
Higher testosterone levels can assist to provide thicker, harder, and longer erections.
Enhanced libido can cause an enhanced sensation.
Improve physical stamina
Improved physical stamina can provide the endurance to continue for multiple rounds of performance.
The anti-depressant effect of zinc can improve mood to start and continue sexual activities.
Strengthening the immunity system and BDNF enhancement can give both, physical and mental well-being
Read Also: Food Habits and Fertility
Ravi Sharma is a self-motivated, successful entrepreneur and has a solid experience in the fertility segment. and he is the director at ARTbaby Global (ARThealthcare). He is a pharmacy graduate with post-graduation in business administration and has 14 years of rich experience in the field of infertility segment. He loves to write about IVF, Surrogacy, and other ART (assisted reproductive technology) news, issues, and updates. He is a Pharmacy graduate (B. Pharm) and M.B.A (marketing).
His most recent success includes the successful launch of the medical tourism company, ARTbaby, which offers treatment options for infertility, egg donation, and surrogacy. He likes spending time with his family and writing about various aspects of IVF surrogacy and donating eggs.